Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saturday, July 3, 2010


We decided to get up early today, and drive an hour an a half to Flags Pond Park. We haven't been there in a few years. It's a pretty cool place, nice beach, (not that I'm much of a beach person) where you can look for shark teeth (we've found quite a few). Anyway, it was Kai's first trip to the beach, and we weren't sure how she'd react.

I think she liked it.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't believe that you found lots of shark teeth. Tyler looked when we were at the beach in Texas to see if he could find any...lots of crabs though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. now finding shark teeth would scare me. Are there a lot of sharks in the waters there? Kai did look like she was having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teeth wash up on the shore from the nearby cliffs (Calvert Cliffs). They are fossils from the Miocene Era, between 5 and 23 million years ago. We've never lucked out and found anything huge, though. The largest one we have is about 1.5 inches.

    Debbie, if Tyler would like a few, I would be more than happy to send him some of ours (providing I find them). Let me know.

    ReplyDelete